Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Peek Into Our Home!

Kaylee & Lacy's Bedroom!
(You can order any of these vinyl designs from LaNae's company,
Wall Envy www.vinylwallenvy.com)

I love their new redecorated bedroom! I painted the walls a pale pink and then painted darker pink stripes around the room. This process took forever, but the end result was totally worth it! The furniture in the room is white and the accents are black. Kaylee (and me) love french inspired patterns and decor, so I hit up Hobby Lobby and got the wrought iron dress form that you see on the dresser, and the Eiffel tower.


As far as the curtains go, I totally impressed myself with how my first attempt at pelmet boxes turned out! I made the window frame, then got some quilting batting and black & white damask fabric. I stapled it the pelmet frame and then embellished it with a thick pink ribbon and then layered the pink ribbon with a black & white polka dot ribbon. You can't see it in these pictures, but I also made a matching pelmet box and put it up over the girls closet. I loved these so much, I think I'm going to make some for the master bedroom too!


This is another new technique that I came up with and loved the end results! Since I own a vinyl lettering business (Wall Envy - www.vinylwallenvy.com) I can't help but spruce up rooms with touches of vinyl! This was great wall filler between the bunk beds and the bedroom door. I got a 2 foot x 3 foot vinyl design and put it on the wall. Then I hung the wrought iron Eiffel tower in the center. It gives it such a cook 3-D look! I've never seen this technique done before, so I'm excited to feature it on our website also!



I found a quote from Coco Chanel that says "A girl should always be two things...Classy & Fabulous" I thought that the french designer quote would go perfect in the french inspired room and anyone that knows Kaylee knows that this quote rings true to her personality too! :) I hung the vinyl over the black mirror and I placed above the dresser. I also have some cute black picture frames with their initials in diamonds, but they aren't in the picture.


I got the girls bunk beds. I personally despise bunk beds because they are SUCH a pain to make the beds! But they have turned out to be a huge hit for the girls. Since Kaylee is 8 years older than her sister it's nice for her to have her own space on the top bunk where her sister can't bug her. She can lay up there and read her book with her reading lamp and relax, and Lacy can lay on her bed and go to sleep without any distractions. :) Their bedding is from Target, but I'm looking at getting some fancier bedding...just waiting for Jared to agree to let me spend the money since the new bedding is pretty pricey. I'll post pictures when I get it :)



While I was at Hobby Lobby they had a sale on all the furniture, so I got this black half table that looks fabulous in our entry way! I got the lamp there also and wrapped it with a ribbon (I think I might change the color..but this is what it looks like right now). Then I set the green flowers next to the lamp. I love my new little table because it has cupboards below so I can set my purse and diaper bag in there, that way they aren't always sitting on the couch or the counter tops!



We got HUGE 10 foot brown suede couches and I wanted to fill up the large wall space over such a big couch. So i got these 8x10 frames and put in each family member's picture ( I haven't gotten around to getting a picture of Garrett up yet ... I know I'm a bad mom!) Anyway my friend Suzanne told me about a conference quote from President Monson that I just fell in love with! It says "Our home should be more than a sanctuary, it should also be a place where God's Spirit can dwell, where the strom stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells." Peace and tranquility isn't always what every day is at our home, but that's why I love this quote to remind us what our goals should be and what's important!

4 comments:

Ryan and LeDawn said...

OMG!! I am in LOVE! Who needs to go to France when you have a freaking fabulous room! And I LOVE both your quotes!!! Everything looks amazing!!! You have always been so crafty and creative! Now when I get a house I just might enlist your knowledge and know how! And of course your vinyl!

And PS... your little man is to die for! I just want to eat him up! So adorable and I can't help but LOVE that head of hair and chunk!

Ryan and LeDawn said...

P.P.S - you should submit the girls room to this blog http://designdazzle.blogspot.com/

it's definitly just as drool worthy as the others she posts.

Unknown said...

Your home looks awesome! I love what you have done with the girls room. So cute!! What girl wouldn't love that room. Can't wait to see the house in real life.

April Gould said...

Love the room!! and your family is so cute too. How fun to have a little boy! he is adoreable. good to see you!