Saturday, April 24, 2010

IT'S A BOY!

Garrett Story:
Sunday, April 18th Jared had to work the night shift, so I stayed up as late as I could waiting for him to get home. Finally at 2:00am I fell fast asleep, Jared came home at 3:00am and quickly fell asleep too. Then at 4:00am on the dot I felt a lot of pressure and then a POP. I practically flew off the bed and screamed "JARED MY WATER BROKE!" I startled him so much that he knocked over the nightstand lamp trying to get the lights on to see what was happening! ha ha I got in the shower and tried to clean up so that I could look "cute" to go into the hospital...then the contractions hit, and I forgot all about my make up and hair dryer. Since it was the middle of the night, Jared woke up Kaylee (or tried to) and told her that we were going to the hospital, and that he would call as soon as the baby was born.

Since all my deliveries have been induced, and they were only 3 hours long, when I got to the hospital at 4:45 I fully expected to have my baby before breakfast! I was 80% effaced and dialated to a 6cm. Since this was my last baby, I decided to try out pain medication, so they gave me a spinal block. Instantly I felt WORLDS better and kicked myself for not doing this with the other two deliveries. But that feeling went away when they came back in 2 hours later and said that my labor hadn't progressed at all. :( I was still having contractions, though I couldn't feel them, but I hadn't dialated anymore. At 7:00am my spinal block wore off and for the next hour (when there was no pain medication) my labor picked back up and I dialated to a 9cm. The anathesiologist came back in and did an epidural and they gave me pitocin. The epidural slowed things down (again) and at this point I was exhaused with no sleep, and hadn't eaten anything since the night before.

At 1:15 pm I started pushing. And since i was so tired I wasn't sure how I was going to get through this. I guess I wasn't as brave with this delivery as I was with my other two. :( Jared was very supportive and kept encouraging me.

At 1:56pm on April 19th, Garrett Joseph Petersen was born. He weighed 8 lbs. 8 oz. and was 21.5 inches long. He was healthy and pink and it was so cute to see a little bit of chunk on my baby since my girls were really small! ha ha He came out chewing on his fist and was ready to eat! ha ha He was also very alert and was looking around at everything around him. That "mommy love" rushed over me as I instantly fell in love with the new little man in my life!





Here is a picture of Garrett at 5 days old sleeping like a sweetheart in his bouncer.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Congratulations mommy! He is adorable. So glad to see some pictures up!

Ryan and LeDawn said...

OMG he is adorable!!!! Congrats!

Jaime said...

Congrats LaNae! I know this pregnancy was a wirl wind, glad it ended with a precious blessing!

Venessa said...

Oh my goodness hes so handsome!!! Congrats!!

Bryan & Celinda said...

I REALLY want to kiss him!!! I am so sad that I am not there to give him loves!!! =( Call me if you need to chat!! We love you!!

Desiree said...

What a cutie! And you did look great at the hospital! Congrats!

LaMar & Donna Davis said...

He is sooooo precious! I love his dark curly hair and olive skin! He has his Mom's pretty lips! ILY Mom