Friday, April 30, 2010

First Sink Bath


Poor Garrett! He went to get circumcised on Thursday and they made me wait out in the lobby while they did the procedure. I could hear him screaming all the way from the back of the office! I just teared up and wished I could be back there to comfort him!! When they brought him to me he looked up at me and grabbed my finger and squeezed so tight that it left imprints on my finger! I have never heard a baby scream like that before!! The doctor wrapped this medical tape around the tip of his penis and told me that it would fall off. But..2 days later it hadn't fallen off and he wouldn't sleep because each time he moved it would pull on him and he'd start bleeding! Poor thing! So my grandma Shupe suggested to my mom that we soak him in the sink and see if it would soften up the tape so we could get it off of him.

So I filled up the sink and set him in it. He hates sponge baths, but LOVED LOVED LOVED that sink bath! He rolled his eyes back and floated his little belly around. He instantly fell fast asleep and was so peaceful! I guess he thought he was back in my tummy! ha ha And sure enough, after 2 bath soaks that hard tape softened up and it slipped off of him. I lathered up the petroleum jelly and he fell fast asleep! I'm so glad that he can start healing and is much more comfortable!!


Here's a cute picture of Grandma Davis and Garrett.

2 comments:

Venessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan and LeDawn said...

OMG, look at all that hair! So cute! Poor thing!